Sharing with you go-to recipe for baked blueberry cheesecake! So easy, delicious and a sure crowd-pleaser. Blueberry cheesecakes are my favourite because the slight acidic taste helps balancing out the sweetness of the cheesecake. Moreover, blueberries are also full of antioxidants that are good for youPrint
- 50 g blueberries
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 25g sugar
- 1 tsp water
- 50 g butter
- 30 g sugar
- ~10 digestive biscuits
- 30 g flour
- 200 g sugar
- 600 g cream cheese
- 250 g sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Make the blueberry sauce: add the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and water into a saucepan. Boil until the blueberries become soft. Leave to rest then using a blender, blend the sauce until smooth. Put aside.
- Make the crust: crush the digestive biscuits and mix together with the melted butter and sugar. Press the crust onto the base of a springform pan – I used a 8” one. Bake the crust in the oven for 10mins at 180°C.
- Make the filling: Mix the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, flour, vanilla extract and beaten eggs gradually together until well incorporated.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Add a few dollops of blueberry sauce and use a knife to make some swirls.
- Bake for 50 mins at 180°C. If you want to avoid cracks, place the springform pan in a tray filled with water (wrap the base with foil to avoid water coming in). Although I actually enjoy the cracks because they expose the blueberry filling and add some character to the cheesecake 😍
- Once done leave the cheesecake to rest until it sets. Best served after being refrigerated.
- ENJOY! 🥳