Sharing with you all a dish that a real treat and involves minimal cooking! All you need o do is to prepare some good sushi rice and top it up with your favourite sashimi and topping!
The star of this dish will be the sashimi but you can get really creative with your additional toppings. I picked some tuna and salmon sashimi. I unfortunately couldn’t find any fish roe but I topped it all off with some avocado, nori flakes and sesame seeds. Next time I’ll try to make some home made tamago as well! Add a side of soy sauce and wasabi in case you want extra seasoning.
This is important: do not buy packed fish from the supermarket assuming that you can eat it raw, always safer to check 😰… If you’re in London, you can get sushi grade fish and sashimi from @japancentre, or @waitroseandpartners where I got mine for £12 for 14 slices.Print
Easy Chirashi Bowl
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1.5 cup water
- 2.5 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Chirashi toppings – anything you like, suggestions:
- Fresh sashimi
- Tamago egg
- Salmon Roe (Ikura)
- Nori flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Cook the rice by adding the water to the rice and bring it to a bowl in a thick pot (or use a rice cooker)
- Mix the vinegar with salt and sugar until dissolved. Gently microwave it if it helps dissolve
- Once the rice is cooked and warm, add the vinegar to the rice and mix until well combined.
- Leave the rice to rest for a few minutes at room temperature
- Assemble the Chirashi with your favourite toppings.
Instead of making the vinegar mix, you can also find and use ‘sushi rice vinegar’ in stores
- Cuisine: Japanese