I woke up the other day CRAVING for some sticky Korean fried chicken. These are some of my favourite deep fried treats. Perfect accompaniment to a couple pints of beer on a warm sunny day!Print
Sweet soy & Gochujang Korean Fried Chicken
Simple and delicious sweet gochujang Korean fried chicken wings
- 500g Chicken wings
- 1 cup Corn starch
- 3 Garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Oil (enough to deep fry)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Gochujang paste
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Mirin
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves (pressed)
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onions
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and pressed garlic
- Coat the chicken with corn starch
- Heat up the oil to around 180 degrees C (it should bubble when you dip in some chopsticks)
- Deep fry the chicken for 5 minutes, take it out to rest then, remove any debris in the oil then deep fry for about 2 more minutes until golden. Leave the chicken to rest.
- In a bowl, mix the gochujang paste, soy sauce, honey, sugar, mirin and water until well combined
- In a pan, pour in the sesame oil and quickly stir fry the pressed garlic until it browns.
- Pour in the glaze mix you had just prepared and let it bubbles and thickens for about 30 seconds.
- Add the fried chicken into the pan then toss until all the surfaces are covered.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and spring onions to garnish.